Ray care Services is looking for passionate, caring and dedicated individuals looking to start a rewarding career in the care sector, as care coordinators.
We are currently recruiting for Care Coordinators to work at our Cambridge office on a permanent full time contract, working 37.5 hours per week 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, with additional on call responsibilities out of hours
Care Coordinators Principal Accountabilities:
- Full responsibility of the allocation of Care and Support Workers to ensure a high quality service that meets the needs of the Service User.
- Responsible daily for allocating all care visits.
- Ensure that care provided adheres to industry legislation, Local Authority and organisation policies relevant to the Service User groups and Care Worker.
- Efficiently manage the resources at your disposal by effective use of repeat care and reorganisation of workloads geographically.
- Maintain accurate computer records for your caseload of Service Users.
- Working as part of the out of hours on-call team on a rote basis.
- To adopt a flexible approach in your work pattern and if it is deemed necessary carry out alternative duties, if necessary in other departments or branches or cover care for your colleagues locally or at another branch.
- Complete administrative work associated with your duties or as directed by your line manager.
- Take part in regular supervisions and an annual development review to identify your training needs.
- Take part in training sessions both in house and other that support your role.
- Act as initial point of contact to the carers in the community.
- To Assist in the development of skills and range of services within the team whilst adhering to company policy and procedures.
- Understand company policy in relation to the national standards.
- To also be a supervisor for the Care and Support Workers managing regular team meetings, spot checks, supervisions and annual development reviews in line with policy.
- When necessary act in a hands on capacity to deliver care needs to Service Users, and any other associated duties as required.
- To ensure all assessments, risk assessments are in date and reflective of a Service User current need.
- To undertake MAR audits ensuring a safe system of medicines management is maintained. Address any issues with Care Worker.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner
- Attention to detail essential
- Experience in care provision
- Strong team player
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Professional manner and appearance
- DBS required
HOW DO I APPLY?
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application is successful our specialist Recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview at a convenient date and time.